Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top 10 Things I miss about India/ Chennai

It has been almost 3 years now i am away from my homeland.India,in specific, Chennai.
There are lots of things I carve,yearn ,miss which are only there or rather can be best felt there.

1. Temples

I am a pious person and used to visit temples regularly ,like say,every weekend.
There used to be a small temple nearby our home and I can just walk in minutes and submit all my wish list to all  Gods in the milky way galaxy.

Though i have visited many temples here  in Cary,Pittsburgh,Atlanta,Tampa ,still its like planning a long trip .
Like i cant go and say a hi to Lord Ganesha whenever I am in the blues and when i need some tranquility.

2. Food

All those road-side bakery stalls,fast food shops selling samosa channa,bhel and the divine tasting mom-made food flavoured with care and affection.

Though this has made a positive impact on me to explore and enjoy cooking , i still miss all food back home.

3. Transport
I live in the south side of US and so public transport is real bad here.Not so many buses or rail to connect places inside city.Without driving,its hard to survive here.

4. Weather
I hate the extreme winter and the need of using a heater inside home to maintain the temperature and the need to wear a jerkin or sweater every time you step out of the house.

5.Shopping
You really need to get the right size and right fit .Sometimes very boring  with the same designs or same colors in the t-shirts or pants.You dont have the option of choosing between cotton bandhini salwar or tussar silk here.

6.Healthcare
If you happen to cut your finger and if the only option is to to visit a emergency care,you are screwed.Even the very serious conditions are only treated as a normal case.

No comments:

Post a Comment